24/7 EUROPEAN INSTITUTE CERTIFIED ONLINE COURSE
Unique course, instructed by Top EU Expert (former Chairman Certification Committee of EADPP), made available for larger audience at affordable cost (commercial EU value of this course is € 3,500 ex VAT). In this resourceful course (with more than 100 downloadable resources), beginners in the fields of privacy and data protection will learn the foundations of privacy and data protection compliance key concepts and the 6 components of a basic GDPR work plan in plain English for career boosting and personal development. With this course, students can opt for official EIPACC certification and registration, without taking any other courses or additional exams.
Why this course?
Competition in today’s job market is fierce. Regardless of the industry, those who can clearly and immediately illustrate their knowledge and expertise will have a distinct advantage over other potential job applicants. In the field of European Data Protection, nothing shows your qualifications better than official EU (EIPACC) certification sought by top employers.
Secure your place in the data protection economy. Show off your knowledge and skills by adding an official certificate to your CV. Everybody on this planet is directly or indirectly connected to subjects of privacy and data protection and needs to know the foundations of data protection in our modern digital society.
There is an ever growing internationally recognized demand and need for employees of companies (data controllers) to know at least the basics of privacy and data protection and the meaning of this in daily practices. This applies for everyone, not only in his/her role as an employee, but also as a ‘citizen’ and as a private individual (parent, child). The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will be explained from a practical lens of the data controller who needs to implement appropriate measures to protect personal data. The GDPR is influential for data protection practices around the globe.
Based on more than 25+ years of practical experience as a data protection professional (as business manager and lawyer), the instructor – who has been involved in many European initiatives in the field – will guide you through the main pillars of the GDPR (at introductory level 1) which will help to boost your insights, right from the start.
Unlike many other courses in the field of GDPR data protection, in this course the instructor, a seasoned professor and advisor both in academia and in practice (at private, public and semi—public EU institutes) maintains a very practical hands-on approach of ‘FAIR’ and ‘EASY’ learning.
Although privacy and data protection are relevant for our daily lives and can be used in many practical ways, in literature and in many publications by so called ‘top specialists’ these concepts are usually presented as ‘vague and complex’. In practice this leads to many misunderstandings or miscommunications. How to fix this? Part of the solution is to provide clear answers to fundamental questions. That is basically the philosophy behind this course.
This course will provide you with the foundational knowledge to think as a (employee of a) data controller who is responsible and liable for processing personal data.
This introductory course will start with a solid, clear understanding of the key concepts (such as the difference between privacy and data protection, privacy by design and default, technical and organisational measures et cetera) as used in the GDPR (and most other international data protection best practices) and what a data controller is supposed in order to comply with GDPR obligations.
- You don’t need to have any prior knowledge of privacy and data protection
- Some of the provided materials you may wish to print
Unique learning: FAIR and EASY
This foundation course is designed to encourage students to get a proper and sound understanding of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) based on two learning techniques.
- FAIR as an acronym for ‘Fast learning by Asking Iterating Relevance’ by repeatedly asking the question of ‘why?’.
- EASY as an acronym for ‘Educated Answers Suit You’ by repeated asking the question of ‘what does this mean in practice’?
Paramount technique for this is using the SMART check for any action in practice which should be (Specific, Measurable, Accepted, Realistic and Time restricted)
Fair and easy learning has been developed and applied by the instructor during his 25+ years of experience in education and training of many privacy and data protection professionals providing for:
- Demystification of complex issues
- Learning to be aware of distinguishing between ‘facts’ and ‘opinions’
- Discussing bare essentials (by sticking to the core rationales)
- Structured overviews for comprehensive understanding
The course content is based on the learning principles of the European Institute for Privacy Audit, Compliance and Certification (EIPACC) and is agnostic of disciplinary backgrounds of students (law, IT, security or any other discipline) and will discuss certain terms and definitions using ‘lay men language.’ In this way, we will get to the bare essentials of what is discussed.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Make a clear distinction between privacy, data protection and data subject rights compliance
- List the most important ways (mechanisms) for data controllers to become compliant
- Check if implemented data protection measures are ‘appropriate’
- Clarify 6 steps to become data protection compliant (work plan basic design)
Target Students and Starting Practitioners
Primarily meant for students (legal, and non-legal) and starting practitioners who want to get a proper, well-structured introduction to basic compliance obligations of the data controller, learn key terms and concepts used in the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and learn about a GDPR Work Plan Design in plain English and want to get an official European Certification for this to boost their careers.
Throughout this course references are made to the legal text of the GDPR (attached as course material) and is explained in ‘layman terms.’
This course is especially interesting for students and starting practitioners for businesses:
Students who want to bolster their general privacy and GDPR data protection knowledge.
- Students who want to scan the field of privacy and data protection for future careers
- Students who want to refresh and check their present state of data protection knowledge.
- Students who want to get familiar with key concepts like privacy and data protection.
- Students who are not yet active in the field of GDPR data protection and looking for practical guidance as how to set up a basic design of a GDPR compliance work plan to be used as work.
- Students who do not want to spend much time to understand the key rationales behind different ‘principles for processing personal data’.
- Students who want to get explained (in layman terms) what ‘data subject rights’ are.
- Students who want to obtain insights in different compliance mechanisms.
- Students who want to get explained (in layman terms) what the main difference is between technical and organizational compliance measures.
- Students who want to get explained (in layman terms) what the main methods are for transfer of international data outside the European Union.
- Students who feel overwhelmed (or even maybe intimidated) by GDPR terms and definitions and want to this to get demystified.
This introductory course is especially interesting for starting practitioners for businesses:
- Starting specialists in the field of privacy and data protection
- Starting privacy officers
- Starting data protection officers
- Starting compliance specialists
- Starting privacy and data protection compliance managers
- Starting data protection specialists (Law, IT, Security, Compliance & Ethics)
- Starting information managers
- Starting privacy and data protection representatives
- Starting privacy and data protection auditors
- Starting privacy and data protection managers
- Starting privacy and data protection project managers
- Starting privacy and data protection risk officers
- Starting privacy and data protection security officers
- Starting privacy and data protection auditor
- Starting general managers who need to know the basics of privacy and data protection compliance
- Anyone else who (professionally or privately) wants to grow his/her basic knowledge of certified privacy and data protection and wants to get certified in these fields (as holder of an official EU certificate).
Pursued level of training for this course
This course is designed to acquire basic knowledge and comprehension (level 1) to get the student familiarized with theoretical and practical key compliance concepts and definitions used in the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Although this course is based on official EU or EU related primary resources (such as official texts, official guidelines and official certification schemes) the course instructor might share practical insights based on more than 25+ years of practical experience that may not exactly be in line with these primary resources. However, students who complete this course are eligible for official certification and registration in the European Union.
Optional EU Certification & Registration
After completion of this course (based on the Udemy certificate of completion) students can immediately opt for an additional EU certificate issued by the European Institute for Privacy, Audit, Compliance and Certification (EIPACC), without taking any other courses or additional exams.
With respect to European Certification
Students who have finished this course can opt for an official EU Registered EIPACC Certificate signed by the instructor who is also the constituent Chairman of the EU Certification Committee of the European Association of Data Protection Professionals (EADPP). Graduates of this course only pay a standard one-time admin fee of € (100 (ex VAT).
Added value of this EIPACC issued certificate for students is that with this certificate they can avail of a ‘testimony’ issued by independent top EU GDPR experts of EIPACC that the specified student actually has acquired a GDPR comprehension course as per the requirements of a specific EIPACC certification scheme.
With respect to Registration as Data Protection Professional (RDPP)
Registration in the European Register of Data Protection Professionals (RDPP) maintained by EIPACC. Standard annual admin costs are € (50 (ex VAT).
Added value of this EDPR registration is that anyone – in most cases future employers or integrity officers acting on behalf of them – can verify and check with EIPACC whether or not the student successfully (evidence based) has acquired GDPR knowledge and skills as per formally approved EIPACC GDPR certification schemes.
In case of any queries, please do not hesitate and send your query to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 4
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes